Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Big "Bad" Switch (for mommy anyway...sniff, sniff)

Well, as you saw in the earlier post, I painted a few more stripes on the wall and hung Ethan's name up to somewhat decorate the room a little more. I had no idea that as soon as I did my hubby would inform me that it was time for the switch! AHHHHH! No, wait!!!!! I am still not finished with it...I don't think he should be in an unfinished room yet...ummm, the sheets aren't clean?? Oh, who am I kidding? My husband doesn't buy any of that. Well, it is 10:40 pm and I think I hear silence after at least ten "mommy" calling to tear my heart into shreds. Yes, I actually shed many tears. I can't believe it. He has been in that baby bed for a month shy of three years. I can't even imagine the time when he is ready to go off to college or get married! I never thought I would be one of "those" mothers, but it looks like I probably will. Sigh.

Thank you God for such a wonderful blessing of being a mother! I am realizing very quickly that my time with him is fleeting. I pray I can enjoy him to the fullest and most importantly, train him up in the Lord.

No comments: